In this episode, Chelsea talks about how rich people’s perceptions of what is "normal" is making life worse for the rest of us.
Cutting ties with lower-income friends: https://www.stylist.co.uk/life/friendship-wealth-gap-relationships-careers-money-finance-how-get-rich-change-personality/220098
Why rich people are jerks: https://thefinancialdiet.com/heres-how-money-can-turn-you-into-an-absolute-jerk/
Ability to pay bail vs. being sentenced: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/01/new-york-bail-reform.html
Boomer inheritances: https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2019-11-29/boomers-are-thriving-on-an-unprecedented-9-trillion-inheritance#:~:text=While%20boomers%20as%20a%20group,over%20the%20last%2030%20years
Co-buying by the numbers: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/as-housing-costs-remain-high-parents-buy-homes-to-give-their-kids-a-leg-up-2019-01-04
Rent burdened populations: https://furmancenter.org/thestoop/entry/nyc-housing-insecurity-by-the-numbers
Silicon valley fad dieting: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/01/silicon-valley-extreme-diets-fasting/581566/
Food spending statistics: https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/ag-and-food-statistics-charting-the-essentials/food-prices-and-spending/#:~:text=In%202019%2C%20households%20in%20the,representing%208.0%20percent%20of%20income
Americans worrying about money: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/24/25-percent-of-americans-say-they-worry-about-money-all-the-time.html
Food anxieties: https://www.vox.com/first-person/2020/4/6/21207065/coronavirus-grocery-shortage-toilet-paper-yeast-insecurity
Extracurricular participants: https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/01/the-activity-gap/384961/
On "meritocracy": https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/opinion/meritocracy-tests-education.html
Getting things for free: https://www.distractify.com/p/rich-celebrities-free-stuff
Being rich = confidence: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/incompetent-people-from-wealthy-backgrounds-are-more-likely-to-act-like-theyre-smart-and-people-believe-them-2019-05-21
Watch more of The Financial Diet hosted by Chelsea Fagan here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD30V46E07RR99cC0gCjKUbt-BKoDUcnc
The Financial Diet site: http://www.thefinancialdiet.com
- Is Apollo Insurance Expanding To The U.S.?As Vice President of Apollo, Josh Pillsbury is well versed in the insure-tech industry. We talked to him about Apollo, the insure-tech industry, past and future changes and much more. […]
- How Can YOU Improve Your Credit Score?We had the pleasure of taking to Leslie Mwandawiro, Partnership Manager at Marble Financial. We touch many exciting topics, like how to improve your credit score and your overall personal health, Canadians struggling with household debt and how Marble is making an impact in the community. […]
- Off-Road Vixens | 15 Second Spot | SmartBiz LoansFate stepped in to connect Shari Bisquera and Carey Kiehn and help them build Off-Road Vixens! With smart capital from SmartBiz Loans, they were able to help boost their apparel business. https://www.smartbizloans.com/ Source: SmartBiz Loans […]
- iWalk Free | 15 Second Spot | SmartBiz LoansBrad Hunter knows first-hand how using crutches can negatively affect your life. Hunter suffered a serious ankle sprain and when he had to crawl on the floor to give his dog a bowl of water, he was desperate to find a better way to get around with his injury. SmartBiz Loans was able to provide him […]
- School for the Dogs | 15 Second Spot | SmartBiz LoansMeet Annie! When she opened her business, School for the Dogs, she knew she’d need smart capital to grow. That’s where SmartBiz Loans helped! https://www.smartbizloans.com/ Source: SmartBiz Loans […]
- The Best Way To Find The Best Insurance DealAs Vice President of Apollo, Josh Pillsbury is well versed in the insure-tech industry. We talked to him about Apollo, the insure-tech industry, past and future changes and much more. […]
- ATTENTION Parents: Follow These Money Tips!We had the pleasure of taking to Leslie Mwandawiro, Partnership Manager at Marble Financial. We touch many exciting topics, like how to improve your credit score and your overall personal health, Canadians struggling with household debt and how Marble is making an impact in the community. […]
- Why Physician Home Loans FailJosh Mettle Division President & Director of Physician Lending NEO Home Loans firstname.lastname@example.org 801-893-0659 NMLS# 219996 CA-DOC# 219996 Equal Housing Lender Copyright© 2022 NEO Home Loans https://www.medicalprofessionalhomeloans.com/ NEO Home Loans is a division of Celebrity Home […]
- You NEED These Tips On Choosing The Right INSURANCE!As Vice President of Apollo, Josh Pillsbury is well versed in the insure-tech industry. We talked to him about Apollo, the insure-tech industry, past and future changes and much more. […]
- Learn How To Understand Your Credit Score Now!We had the pleasure of taking to Leslie Mwandawiro, Partnership Manager at Marble Financial. We touch many exciting topics, like how to improve your credit score and your overall personal health, Canadians struggling with household debt and how Marble is making an impact in the community. […]
- What An Exciting Future Apollo Has Planned!
- This Is How Marble Financial Is Providing Solutions To The Underbanked
- NEW 100% FINANCING FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALSVisit www.medicalprofessionalhomeloans.com To Learn MORE! Josh Mettle Division President & Director of Physician Lending NEO Home Loans email@example.com 801-893-0659 NMLS# 219996 CA-DOC# 219996 Equal Housing Lender Copyright© 2021 NEO Home Loans […]
- 8 Surprising Impacts Of My 6-Month Clothes Shopping BanIn this video, one woman shows us what she gained (and how much she saved) from not spending on clothes for 6 months. Through weekly video essays, "Making It Work" showcases how *real* people have upgraded their personal or financial lives in some meaningful way. Making your life work for […]
- 5 Tools That Changed My Personality TypeIn this ~personal~ video, Chelsea gives us a behind-the-scenes look at how she changed her personality type from chaotic and disorganized to Type A and reliable. Click here to download the Digit app and sign up today! Signing up takes less than 5 minutes: […]
- Kimberly Foster of For Harriet On Politics, COVID, Conscious Travel, And Sex & The CityKimberly N. Foster joins Chelsea Fagan for the live premiere of season 3 of The Financial Confessions. They discuss the American political climate, the FIRE movement, how to know if you’re making the "right" decisions during COVID, and more! MORE FROM THE FINANCIAL CONFESSIONS: […]
- Apple Care Is a $16 Billion Market. Here’s What You Need To Know About Embedded Insurance
- The Reason We NEED Financial Literacy
- SBA Success Story: Compass CoffeeLearn how veteran-owned Compass Coffee pivoted and recovered during the pandemic with help from SBA. Learn more about resources for veteran-owned small businesses: https://www.sba.gov/veterans Source: U.S. Small Business Administration […]
- The Only Way To Get Insurance In 10 Minutes!
- Why Is Marble Financial Reaching Out To Businesses?
- This Is How Apollo Makes Buying Insurance EASY
- Do This To Improve Your Financial Wellness!
- Grow Your Business: How Embrace Helps Loan OfficersEveryone has a different vision of success. Our goal is to help you achieve yours. At Embrace, we believe everyone deserves to have a place to call home — and we give our mortgage loan officers the tools and support to make it happen. Are you an experienced mortgage professional looking for a […]
- MPower Fitness | 2021 SmartBiz Grant RecipientFatima Sena started MPower Fitness, a 24-hour Elite Training Complex in Palm Coast, Florida, back in 2016. She offers over 300 group fitness classes each month in her community. In her grant application, Fatima shared she seeks additional funds to purchase gym equipment to service the older […]
- Molos Restaurant | 2021 SmartBiz Grant RecipientEliana Stefanitsis and her family started Molos restaurant on the Hudson River in New Jersey back in 2011. Their Greek and Mediterranean inspired Seafood Restaurant currently employs 45 people and has so far weathered the pandemic. In her grant application, Eliana shared she seeks additional funds […]
- Listen To Your Art Therapy LLC | 2021 SmartBiz Grant RecipientJasmine Parker started her health care business in St. Petersburg, FL back in 2019 as “An Empowerment Focused Art Therapy Service Provider for Teens and Young Adults.” In her grant application, Jasmine shared that to provide her counseling services, she travels to her clients homes and was seeking […]
- House of Freedom | 2021 SmartBiz Grant RecipientWilliam started his New Jersey based music production company back in 2017. He provides live band entertainment for weddings, private events, and music festivals. In his grant application, William shared that as a recording artist with over 20 years of experience in the world of touring music and […]
- B’s Maple House | 2021 SmartBiz Grant RecipientBrandi Dobbins took over B’s Maple House in Ontario, California after working there for six years. In her grant application, she shared that the restaurant started in 2015 is in bad shape from lack of equipment, remodeling and keeping up with the rent and utilities. Due to a lack of employees, […]
- You Need To Know About These TRENDS in The INSURE-TECH Industry
- Do Better, Canada! The Financial Education Needs To Improve
- Online Shopping For Insurance? Yes, please!
- How Can TECHNOLOGY Improve Your Financial Wellness?Leslie Mwandawiro is the Partnership Manager at Marble Financial. In this clip, he describes how Marble Financial uses AI and other technology to improve the financial wellness of Canadians. […]
- How To Build Credit and Savings? Use A GIC Loan!
- Embrace Classroom: FHA LoansNo clue what an FHA loan is? You’re in good company — neither does Alex! Join her in the Embrace Classroom as Maggie tries valiantly to teach her everything she needs to know about buying a home with an FHA loan. Loved the video, but want to learn even MORE about FHA loans? Visit our website: […]
- Josh Pillsbury’s Inspiring Journey – From Launching A Startup To Vice President at ApolloJosh Pillsbury is the Vice President at Apollo. In this clip, he shares more about his background and experience in the insure-tech space. ————————————————– To learn more about Apollo Insurance, […]
- What CHALLENGES Is The Insurance Industry Facing?
- This is How To Fast Track A Consumer Proposal!
- These Products/Services Can Turn Your Financial Health Around!Leslie Mwandawiro is the Partnership Manager at Marble Financial. In this clip, he details the various offerings and how consumers can benefit from them. ————————————————– To learn more about […]
- How Is Apollo Growing In An Ever Changing Industry?Being the leading provider in Canada’s online insurance industry, Apollo wants to catch up to other industries and focus on increasing customer value even more. Josh Pillsbury talks about how Apollo is growing in this clip. […]
- How Was Apollo Able To Grow Organically?
- Does Canada Have a FINANCIAL Wellness PROBLEM?With 78% of adults living paycheck to paycheck, many Canadians struggle with financial wellness. Marble Financial aims to make a difference for youth and adults by educating them about financial topics. […]
- The Only Program You NEED to Improve Your Finances
- 5 “Growing Up Poor” Habits You May Not Realize You HaveClick here to get your tickets to our most popular investing course, and use promo code ‘YoutubeVIP’ for $49 off: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/204125493847/?discount=YOUTUBEVIP In this episode, Chelsea dives into five common but easily overlooked habits people pick up after growing up […]
- THE FINANCIAL CONFESSIONS SEASON 3 LIVE PREMIEREKimberly N. Foster joins Chelsea Fagan for the live premiere of season 3 of The Financial Confessions Source: The Financial Diet […]
- Apollo Has Big Plans For The Future!As Canada’s leading online insurance provider, Apollo is continuously looking for ways to better serve the customer. From optimizing their technology to expanding to the US, there are many exciting changes happening. Learn more about what’s planned for the future! […]
- Who Is Josh Pillsbury? – Entrepreneur & Vice President
- What Is MyMarble’s FREEMIUM Account?
- THIS Is Why Financial Literacy Is So ImportantKnowledge is power. Leslie Mwandawiro, Partnership Manager at Marble Financial, explains why financial literacy is crucial for financial health. ————————————————– To learn more about MyMarble, […]
- 2022 National Small Business Week Awards NominationsPSA from SBA Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman about the 2022 National Small Business Week Awards Nominations Source: U.S. Small Business Administration […]
- Apollo Uses Tech To Offer YOU The Best Insurance!Apollo is Canada’s leading online insurance provider, utilizing technology to make the process of getting insurance a breeze. Josh Pillsbury shares more about Apollo and what sets them apart from other insurance providers. […]
- Start Your Career In Insurance NOW
- Improve Your Financial Health NOW With MYMARBLE
- This Is How YOU Can Improve Your Credit ScoreLeslie Mwandawiro shares his insights into improving your credit score. While the whole process does take some time, you can set yourself up for success with these tips. ————————————————– To learn […]
- This Is How You Should Get Business InsuranceBuying insurance can be confusing, but it’s necessary! Josh Pillsbury (VP at Apollo) breaks down the process of getting business insurance. ————————————————– To learn more about Apollo […]
- How Is Apollo Set Up?
- How Marble Financial Went From Subprime Lender To Financial Technology Company
- The Best Tips On Improving Your Financial HealthMany Canadians struggle with household debt. Leslie Mwandawiro, Partnership Manager at Marble Financial, shares his expert tips on how to improve your financial health. ————————————————– To learn […]
- Don’t Make These MISTAKES When Shopping For Business INSURANCEJosh Pillsbury is the Vice President at Apollo. In this clip, he shares his expertise on mistakes to avoid when buying business insurance. ————————————————– To learn more about Apollo Insurance, […]
- Using TECH As Competitive Advantage